Enjoy the beauty of your backyard with a SunShade Retractable Awning by Gutter Helmet® protecting you from the sun and providing you with shade. Each SunShade Retractable Awning is custom made, with hundreds of fabric colors and patterns to choose from. Block the sun, lower your energy costs and reduce your indoor temperatures all at once with the addition of a SunShade Retractable Awning to your home.
Reduce Your Energy Costs Up To 25%
According to the Professional Awning Manufacturers Association, awnings can reduce air conditioning costs by as much as 25 percent. In addition, a 2007 study conducted by the Center for Sustainable Building Research at the University of Minnesota revealed that homeowners with retractable awnings achieve the lowest energy use by retracting the awnings in cooler months and extending them during warmer months.
Add New Life & Equity To Your Home
Create a distinctive outdoor living area while adding functional elegance to your patio or deck. With hundreds of fabric colors and patterns to choose from, there’s something for everyone.
Unlike blinds, drapes, sunscreens, and window films, a retractable awning blocks only the elements, not your view. Awnings provide continuous enjoyment of outdoor spaces while shading homeowners from the sun.
Retain Room Brightness
A Sunshade Retractable Awning by Gutter Helmet® gives you total control of the areas it shields because you can easily retract the awning on cloudy days to encourage more light in a room or extend on sunny days to block heat gain.
Protect Your Furnishings
Constant direct summer exposure to ultraviolet rays damages and fades furnishings such as carpets and window treatments. The SunShade Retractable Awning by Gutter Helmet® easily shields your home from the sun, protecting your belongings from the damaging effects of ultraviolet rays.
The SunShade Retractable Awning by Gutter Helmet® is designed and engineered with frame components that are compact, mechanically invisible and aesthetically appealing. SunShade Retractable Awning frames have a durable electrostatic baked-on powder-coated white finish that is up to four times thicker than paint. The color-coordinated caps on all nuts and bolts and mounting hardware complete the distinctive finishing touches to the SunShade Retractable Awning.
The Sunshade Retractable Awning by Gutter Helmet® is designed with quality as the primary focus, eliminating the inconvenience of manually installing and removing pins, upright poles or other braces.
Key design features and benefits include:
- Shoulder & Torsion Bar: The arm shoulder is attached to the unique torsion/mounting bar, keeping the awning arms set rigidly at the proper pitch.
- Manual Gears: Complete with automatic stop to allow quick, effortless operation and prevent overextension or reverse winding of the fabric.
- PVC-Covered Arm Cables: Blend with the frame color to eliminate salt, sand or moisture corrosion.
- Front Bar: Stronger front bar to provide stability and maintain the fabric’s tension while presenting a contoured and compact appearance.
- Frame Components: Nuts and bolts are made from the finest corrosion-resistant stainless steel.
- Fabric Roller Tube: The fabric roller tube is made of the same special material as the torsion/mounting bar. This allows the roller tube to torque under stress and return to its original shape.
- Arms: Bend occurs at the elbow to maintain constant fabric tension
For shading narrow widths and large projections, the Sunshade Retractable Awning by Gutter Helmet® offers Little Big Arms that fold over each other when your awning is retracted. When space is restricted, the SunShade Retractable Awning frame may be customized for the coverage you need.
The Adjustable Tilt shoulder offers easy slope adjustment with a hand crank, adjusting from 0 degrees to a full 40 degree arm pitch. The Tilt shoulder option is a great solution for low sun problems.
Because the SunShade Retractable Awning by Gutter Helmet® offers a wireless motor option that uses any standard electrical outlet, there is no need for expensive rewiring in order to enjoy the ease of remote control. Our heavy duty motor is located inside the fabric roller tube, and can be switch-operated or remote controlled. Manual override motors, which are a gear/motor combination, are also available to allow manual operation of the awning during power outages.
The optional hood is a one-piece design, offering considerable strength. the front of the hood curves downward toward the front bar to provide protectionfor the fabric and frame when retracted.
Designer Fabric Collection
The SunShade Retractable Awning by Gutter Helmet® fabric collection features a selection of hundreds of solid and striped options. All fabrics included are 100 percent solution-dyed acrylic fabrics specifically designed for outdoor use. Also, the thread used will not rot or deteriorate in extreme, ultraviolet sunlight conditions. All fabrics are warranted for 10 years against fading and workmanship.
Valances To Match
Select from a variety of valance stylesto create a custom look for your awning. The valances are made from the same fabric style that you select for your awning. You can even select a complementary binding to finish your awning.
- Strong, water-repellent fabric in hundreds of colors and patterns
- Five projections are available up to 11’6”
- Widths are available ranging from 5’ to 40’, and built to the inch
- Retractable, easy operation, manual or motorized
- Superb, lasting quality
- Aluminum and galvanized steel frame with attractive electrostatic powder-coated white finish
- Outstanding warranty:
- Frame: 10 Years
- Fabric: 10 Years
- The SunShade Retractable Awning can be roof-mounted.
Contact us today for more information on SunShade Retractable Awnings.